SPSBS Rules of entry for affiliated section
1. Classes must be confined to SPS-BS registered ponies. Ponies must be named on the entry form and in the catalogue if one is produced. Society rosettes must only be given to ponies registered with the Society or to foals eligible for registration.
2. Three-year-old fillies with foals at foot may not be shown. All foals must be a minimum of three weeks old on the day of the Show.
3. IN ORDER TO ENTER A STALLION CLASS AT AN AFFILIATED SHOW, ENTIRE MALES AGED 4 YEARS OLD AND OVER MUST HAVE AN “S” NUMBER AND HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY THROUGH EITHER THE SPS-BS STALLION ASSESSMENT PRIOR TO 2006 OR THE CURRENT SPSBS VOLUNTARY VETERINARY EXAMINATION. Ridden stallions MUST display a stallion bridle badge. Inhand entire males 2 years and over are advised to display a stallion bridle badge.
4. There must be no colts or entire males in Young Handlers classes. Children under 14 years old may not show colts (excluding foals) or entire males in In-hand classes. Children under 12 years old on the day of the show may not show entire males in ridden classes. In the interests of safety, hard hats must be worn by all handlers aged 14 years or under in In-hand classes. Exhibitors should not kneel but remain standing while in the ring. Hard hats must be worn by all exhibitors, irrespective of age, in ridden classes. Ridden and driven ponies must be 4 years old or over. In ridden Classes, if a rider falls off at any time whilst in the ring, both pony and rider must leave the ring, rider dismounted, and take no further part.
- The judges decision is final. The organiser also reserves the right to substitute a judge should it be necessary.
- Please do not muck out on the showground. Hay to be kept in lorry/trailer and all rubbish to be taken home or placed in bins provided.
- Please follow any parking signs/directions from officials
- Objections must be lodged in writing to the show secretary within 30 minutes of the class ending along with a £20 fee. This fee will be refunded if the objection is upheld.
- Unacceptable behaviour from competitors/ owners/ spectators will not be tolerated by the show officials. All competitors/ owner/ spectators should follow instructions from officials. Unacceptable behaviour could result in you being asked to leave the showground and the possibility of being banned from future events.
- Current standard riding hats must be worn at all times while mounted on the showground and also by children 16 years and under in the ring.
- All horse/ponies ridden must be 4 years old or over.
- Passports must be produced upon request.
- The Equestrian Box Events and the event venue, nor any of its officers, servants or assistants shall in any way be responsible or accountable for any loss, injury or damage to any person, animal, vehicle or property in connection with or arising from this show. It is a condition of entry that all exhibitors or their servants shall indemnify the Equestrian Box Events, its officials, servants or assistants against all action, proceedings, claims or otherwise in relation to or arising from his/her entries in the show. All exhibitors should ensure that they have sufficient third-party/public liability insurance. Each entry form must be signed as having accepted these conditions by a person over the age of 18. By entering online, we accept this as you signing to confirm agreement to the above.